Internal Contacts: Interact with the Heads of Departments and all employees
External Contacts: Closely liaises with colleges & Universities, Vocational Institutes and other training institutes in the city. Area Director of Human Resources and Training, employee benefits representatives, attorneys, applicants, government officials, colleges and universities, competitors and other members of the local community.
• Prepares and implements the bi-annual hotel training and development plan and Training Need Analyses to meet the identified training needs of a five star deluxe hotel operation.
• Assist Learning & Development Manager in preparing the annual training budgets and adheres to the provision of the budget.
• Facilitate training sessions and workshops with effective lively manner
• Provide proper induction and Orientation to new hires as per IHG Onboarding procedure
• Provide New Hires with Job Description and Training plan
• Monitors the preparation and use of standard manuals in all outlets and departments.
• Ensure all staffs undergo hotel orientation.
• Overseas and controls the voluntary cross training system.
• Develops, conduct and evaluates training sessions and courses for internal and external trainees.
• Maintains a craft training system to meet the initial and development needs of operational staff.
• Ensures that the hotel trainings standards and action plans of the hotel review made are implemented.
• Conducts departmental training reviews on a bi-monthly basis.
• Conducts bi-monthly coordinators meetings and minutes the discussion point.
• Develops and maintains contact with educational establishment to promote Holiday Inn Kuwait and hospitality industry in general.
• Ensures that the hotel training records are maintained and updated.
• Prepares monthly training report, detailing training activities in the previous month.
• Monitors present and future trends, practices and systems in the field of training and makes recommendation for change when necessary.
• Liaises with the vocational training authority, ensures compliance with government rules and regulations concerning training.
• Prepare and follow up management induction program.
• Prepare and monitor internal and external trainees’ plans.
• Assists in carrying out the maintenance plans of the various I TOOLS projects in the hotel.
• Assist in hygiene development centre.
• Quarterly Audits to be conducted for all outlets outside the hotel.
• Good time management and organizational skills.
• Possess good judgment and decision making capability.
• Able to handle confidential information appropriately.
• Able to work under stress to meet tight deadlines and handling multiple tasks.
• Self-motivated, independent and proactive
• Strong client orientation, including the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with client departments.
• Solid computer skills; proficiency in the use of office software products (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc)
• Excellent ability to effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner in English (both oral and written). Arabic knowledge is an advantage.
• Experience in a customer service environment
• At least 2 year of working experience in the related field or equivalent training is required for this position